1. Why are 75% of Americans
2. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
3. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so
weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
4. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's
metabolism as much as 3%.
5. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger
pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
6. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
7. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses
of water a day could significantly ease back and
joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the
risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the
risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer.
Do you still want a drink of
the real thing?
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
2. The distributors of coke have been using it to
clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous material
place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
Now the real question is...
A GLASS OF WATER?
please note that even thought this is written about the real thing, Cola, all
the other soft drinks are also very bad for your health!
Here's an article
using scientific data that I found very
Soda Alert: Sodium Benzoate, A Preservative Used In Sodas, Found
To Cause DNA Damage.
The Epoch Times New
Research from Sheffield University, U.K., into a common food and
drink preservative suggests that it can damage DNA. Sodium
benzoate, a mold inhibiter commonly found in Pepsi, Coke,
Sprite, other soft drinks, pickles, and sauces, is the culprit.
Peter Piper, professor of molecular biology and biotechnology,
who has been working on sodium benzoate since 1999, tested
sodium benzoate on living yeast cells. He was alarmed to find
that it damaged their mitochondria's DNA.
Concerned, Piper made his research public, telling British
newspaper, The Independent, on Sunday, May 27: "These chemicals
have the ability to cause severe damage to DNA in the
mitochondria to the point that they totally inactivate it - they
knock it out altogether."
"The mitochondria consume the oxygen to give you energy, and if
you damage it - as happens in a number of diseased states - then
the cell starts to malfunction very seriously. And there is a
whole array of diseases that are now being tied to damage to
this DNA - Parkinson's and quite a lot of neurodegenerative
diseases, but above all, the whole process of aging."
Sodium benzoate occurs naturally in cranberries, apples, milk
products, cinnamon, and cloves. According to http://inchem.org,
sodium benzoate occurring naturally in foods is about 40 mg/kg.
Used as a preservative, it is about 2,000 mg/kg. Historically,
benzoic acid came from a dry distillation of gum benzoin.
Industrial preparation is now cheaply made from toluene. Sodium
benzoate is made from benzoic acid.
The studies the FDA lists are mainly rat and mice studies, which
don't appear to show toxicity. Tests made on limited numbers of
individuals showed no adverse effects from the 1960s to the
1980s, therefore sodium benzoate and benzoic acid are considered
safe by the FDA.
The Hyperactive Children's Support Group of Great Britain takes
exception to that and recommends the avoidance of both sodium
benzoate and benzoic acid. Piper considers tests done by the FDA
"out of date."
A short-term study on rats - feeding them 1,800 mg/kg of sodium
benzoate/benzoic acid - produced central nervous system damage.
Benzoic acid caused liver pathology and reduced weight. However,
these studies are deemed inadequate to determine safety.
The vitamin C (ascorbic acid) added to soft drinks reacts with
sodium benzoate to make benzene, a known carcinogen and air
Another Danger Associated with drinking
soft-drinks, from the can...
to me, this incident
happened recently in North Texas...
A woman went
boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put
into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken to the
hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on
concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of
coke she drank from, not using a glass. Tests showed that the can
was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis. Rat urine
contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly recommended to
thoroughly wash the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of
them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported
straight to the shops without being cleaned.
A study at
NYCU! showed that the tops of soda cans are more contaminated than
public toilets (i.e).. full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with
water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal
Now, why not give up Colas (soft-drinks)
and then you won't have to worry about these issues, at least with your soft
Have A Wonderful
Cola Free Day!
Feel free to share this
website with your family and friends!